Crank up mobilization: learn to properly harness emotions
A Luc Cardinal keynote from the Zone for Higher Performance™ series
A multitude of factors are being used when comes the time to promote someone in corporate America. According to best-selling author Colin Shaw (Beyond Philosophy) though, the only factor that is found in every promotion is emotional control.
Keeping your cool before a tense situation, a crisis, seem to have become an unconscious belief about leadership. We must control our emotions, stay calm, even hide our true feelings if we have to. We would not want to demotivate our employees by sharing our discomfort, would we? Therefore, we must look like everything is under control, especially our emotions. Up to this point, no problem right! But years of emotional control have created a work culture that does not allow for emotional expression. Leaders are now facing many challenges, among which what millions of emotional control incidents has created: emotional ignorance.
Emotional ignorance is at the root of the corporate culture. There is a disconnect between employees and their bosses, as confirmed by a Gallup study that concludes: “we enter a corporation, we leave a boss” (see free to be: the key to work fulfillment). We are all victims of emotional ignorance. Think about it. What has people feel connected, on the same page, ready to accept a challenge? Emotional connection!
But today, there is little room for our emotions, and as a result, we find it very difficult to talk about real issues, don’t we? Our results suffer from the lack of emotional connection. There is a crisis in mobilizing our employees, as a result.
What if we gave ourselves the tools enabling us to give room to well expressed and received emotions? What if they could be expressed and received with panache, or used as creativity engines (creativity flows when people feel connected)? What if we could be frustrated, take a breather, express how we feel, be received and done with it? Wouldn’t that contribute to true, healthy and inspiring relationships? There lies a huge amount of energy in unexpressed emotions. This energy could be put to good use in reaching our objectives, in cranking up mobilization. We need to learn to tap into that well!
This keynote will use recent neuroscience research to bring new understanding of emotions, emotional intelligence, belonging, inspiration, passion and mobilization.
Get availability, fees, and answers to your questions, call us.
- Why and how we all suffer from emotional control
- The dividends that come with conscious expression and use of emotions
- How emotions can help generate more passion, more motivation, more mobilization
You’ll leave with:
- A path for a deep culture change including emotional expression
- Simple tools that if used every day will transform your use of emotions
- A new take of the boss-employee relationship that will free you both
Each keynote or training features:
- Scientific observations, practical examples and simple tools that can be used right away
- Neuroscience knowledge applied to business environments
- Leaders and Managers
- Mixed (employees and managers)
- 45 to 90 minute keynotes: Presentation and some audience interactions
- 3 to 6 hours training: Presentation, interactions and integration exercises
See video presentations of Luc Cardinal